All Chartered CUPE Locals on Prince Edward Island
CUPE PEI Division
34rd ANNUAL CONVENTION
May 22 – 23rd, 2014
Rodd Mill River Resort, Mill River, PE
- Registration will take place between 9:00 and 10:00 am on May 22nd.
- There will be an Information Session for New Delegates held on May 22nd at 8:30 am.
- Convention proceedings will begin at 10:00 am May 22nd and will continue until 4:00 p.m. on May 23rd.
- The evening of May 22nd – Dinner will be served at 5:30 pm, followed by a gathering in the Hospitality Room. There will be Karaoke for the evening entertainment.
- The cost of $55.00 per delegate is required for lunches for both days.
○ Lunch Menu : Pasta Buffet Bar (Thursday) & Hot Buffet Lunch (Friday)
- Evening Dinner: Roast Beef Buffet (Thursday) ***Dinner is covered by CUPE PEI for all registered delegates and invited guests. There is a charge of $40.00 for guests of Delegates and invited guests who wish to have the evening dinner.
- Room Rates start at $94.00 – Call RESERVATIONS 1-800-565-7633 to book your rooms.
- For questions regarding Convention, please contact email@example.com or Lori MacKay, CUPE PEI President, at (902)566-4006 or (902)626-1112.
- There are two Committees which require delegate representation – Resolutions Committee and Constitutional Resolutions Committee. If any of your delegates are interested in serving on one of these committees; please attach a note, signed by the Local President, to the delegate’s credential – stating which committee the delegate is interested in serving on.
- A Draft Agenda, along with all submitted resolutions, and minutes of last year’s Convention will be forwarded to the President of each local by May 2nd. It is the responsibility of the Local President to provide local delegates with copies of all Convention documents.
- A copy of the Constitution is available to download from the website: www.cupepei.ca
CUPE PEI Convention is a SCENT-FREE event.
Please refrain from wearing any scents out of respect for people with scent allergies.
DIETARY CONCERNS: Please contact Linda Jones regarding any dietary concerns delegates may have.