CHARLOTTETOWN: The Harper Conservatives want to privatize and dismantle our public health care system.
The Conservatives will cut $144 million from health care funding for PEI.
What this means for us and our amilies is:
- An increase in the impossible workload workers already face;
- Less money for rural services, hospitals, and long-term care beds;
- Less money for clean facilities and nutritious hospital food;
- Increased wait times for procedures like hip, knee and cataract surgery;
- More expensive medicines;f
- Lower quality and higher cost seniors’ care;
- Islanders will receive less care than other Canadians.
CUPE together with the Council of Canadians are looking for allies to join us in fighting back against these cuts.
We need you to help bring the fight to PEI!
We’ll be in the riding of Egmont to inform Gail Shea’s constituents about the threat to our services. Gail Shea needs to be challenged to stand up to Harper to protect Islanders’ health.
We’re hosting a series of workshops, a townhall and a community festival.
Sign up for a workshop where you can learn more about the federal threat to health care and our strategy to protect, strengthen and expand medicare for ourselves and future generations.
For questions or to register for a workshop, please contact email@example.com, or call the CUPE PEI office at (902) 566-4006.
To register for a workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the CUPE PEI office at (902) 566-4006.
In these workshops will be going over the reasons why we need a new federal-provincial agreement for health care.
Participants will also gain skills on how to talk to the community about the loss of health care services.
- Sept 10th (9am-12noon) Charlottetown – CUPE PEI boardroom, 26 Paramount Drive
- Sept 10th (9am-12noon) Souris – Regional Services Centre, 15 Green Street
- Sept 10th (6pm-9 pm) Montague – Wellness Center, Wood Island Rd
- Sept 10th (6pm-9 pm) Summerside – Silver Fox Curling Club, 110 Water Street
- Sept 11th (9am-12noon) Alberton – Town Office, 3 Emma Drive
- Sept 11th (6pm-9 pm) O’Leary – Maple Leaf Curling Club, Main Street
- Sept 12th (10am-1pm) Tyne Valley – Britannia Hall, 816 Canadian Rd
- Sept 12th (6pm-9pm) Wellington – Vanier Community Center
- Sept 13th (9am-12noon) Summerside – Silver Fox Curling Club, 110 Water Steet
- Sept 13th (6pm-9pm) Charlottetown – CUPE PEI boardroom, 26 Paramount Drive
We need lots of volunteers to make the campaign a success! To register for a workshop, please email email@example.com, with the workshop date and location of your choice, or call the CUPE PEI office at (902) 566-4006.